main header sq new
main header new

The Montagu Museum complex comprises two buildings, both within walking distance from each other in Long Street.
Joubert House, built in 1853 on a sub-division of the original Uitvlucht farm, depicts the lifestyle of the latter part of the nineteenth century.

The Old Mission Church, built in 1907, houses the administrative offices, as well as the archive containing all documents, photographs and Africana relating to the history of Montagu.

The Museum has a long history of documenting and preserving local herb lore, and the remedies prepared according to traditional recipes from locally sourced, sun-dried and hand-blended herbs have a large and loyal following among health-conscious customers locally and abroad.

click on image to see more

click on image to see more

click on image to see more

click on image to see more


Friends of the Museum
Cas Groot
023 614 3856

Herb Sales
+27 73 246 3650
OR visit our
online shop

Research & Publications

Rudi Allmayer
083 354 4311


Available positions:
• Audit and Digitization X4
• Heritage and Tourism x2
• Maintenance & gardening worker x 1